Safety & Security
Baptist Health Sciences University (Baptist University) considers the safety of all within the University community to be of the utmost importance. The Safety and Health Management Plan includes administrative responsibilities, emergency procedures, environmental management system, compliance with regulatory agencies such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), public safety, and education for the University community.
All employees are introduced to the campus safety program in new employee orientation and thereafter during mandatory annual training and evaluation of safe work practices. Specific safety education is also periodically provided to all faculty, staff, and students. The University sends out a communication periodically called “Safety Corner.” Safety Corners cover topics related to safety, security and emergency management that are sent out via email to the entire campus community.
Baptist University has not been involved in any investigations by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights for possible violations alleging sexual violence.
Links to the following safety policies and procedures are included:
- Academic-Business Continuity Plan
- BHSU Emergency Flyer
- Campus Safety Security and Reporting Policy
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Code of Conduct for a Safe and Productive Workplace
- College & University Security/Crime Information (Policy)
- Covid 19 Safety Protocol and Vaccination Requirement (Policy)
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace (Policy)
- EmBark (new student orientation) Campus Safety and Security Module
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Hazard Communication Program
- Safety and Health Management Plan (Safety Manual)
- Safety and Health Booklet
- Security Management Plan
- Sexual Harassment Policy and Procedures (Policy)
- Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
- Campus Crime Statistics