RRT to Bachelor's Degree
For the Practicing Therapist
The RRT to bachelor of health sciences program is designed for licensed registered respiratory therapists who want to expand their career options and improve their earning potential.
Baptist Health Sciences University’ degree advancement program provides RRTs with:
- 48 hours of professional experience block credit.
- Completion of program curriculum in 3-4 terms.
- Flexible scheduling options, specifically for general education and health studies courses.
- Distance education course offerings.
- A value-added curriculum that emphasizes leadership in clinical and professional practice, community and public health, and exploration of alternative career options that build upon your professional skill set.
Students are encouraged to follow a sample curriculum plan to ensure progressive learning throughout the degree. Specific courses are required to be completed in sequential order to enhance the student’s learning and success within the program. A complete listing of the courses and course descriptions required for the degree are listed in the catalog.
Career Advancement and Graduation Education
Baptist University supports the American Association for Respiratory Care’s (AARC) 2015 and beyond initiative for respiratory therapists to obtain baccalaureate and Master’s level education. Like the AARC, we recognize the value that having an advanced degree provides the practicing therapist. Many of the career paths leading to positions in case management, clinical informatics, and public school education can only be obtained by having a bachelor’s degree. We are looking for therapists like you to join Baptist University and the AARC in leading the way in contributing toward the advancement of the Respiratory Care profession for the future.
Having a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Respiratory Care allows you to pursue graduate school education for Physician’s Assistant and Anesthesiologist Assistant. We know that the knowledge and skills that you have gained as a respiratory therapist uniquely prepares you for these educational tracks and career opportunities.