Applying to the program
Medical Radiography Admissions Information
Would you like to speak with an Admissions Officer?
We have individuals waiting to speak with you and answer your questions.
Office of AdmissionsPhone: 901-575-2247 or toll free 866-575-2247 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Radiography Applying to the Program Information
To be considered for selection to the medical radiography (RAD) program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist Health Sciences University (Baptist University) admission requirements and be accepted to the college. Admission to Baptist University does not guarantee selection to the RAD program.
- Complete at least 24 credit hours of pre-program coursework with a C or better, as specified by the RAD program. Courses marked with an asterisk in the degree requirements must be completed in the required 24 credit hours. Select the following link to view course listing: Curriculum
- Applicants should earn a B or better in all pre-program courses, to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the RAD program, prior to enrollment into professional RAD courses.
- Earn a minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA (4.0 scale) which only includes grades earned in courses taken at Baptist University as well as grades earned in courses transferred to Baptist University.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Current Baptist University students must submit completed Intent to Apply to Allied Health Program and signed technical standards forms to their academic advisor. Transfer students should contact the admissions office regarding these forms. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the applicable published deadline.
Deadlines for Application to the Selection
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the RAD professional course work in the spring trimester of the following year. The deadline for early selection of a limited number of class seats is June 1st. The deadline for final selection to the program is October 1st (spring admits only).
A selection committee for the medical radiography (RAD) program will review all completed applications in June and October each year. It should be noted that not all applicants who meet minimum selection criteria will be invited for a personal interview. Applicants with a strong academic background and currently enrolled in Baptist University or completing pre-program courses at institutions with collaborative or articulation agreements will be considered first for interviews.
Selection to the RAD program is based on the following:
- Academic potential for success from the academic record.
- Academic strength in previous college course work, with specific attention given to performance in the pre-program courses.
- Past failures affecting cumulative college GPA and pre-program courses may impact selection into the program. Each file will be considered individually.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants completing courses at Baptist University.
Written essay and personal interview:
- Applicants will be required to complete a written essay and personal interview as part of the selection process.
- The written essay will be completed on the campus of Baptist University prior to the personal interview.
- Students will be evaluated on personal strengths and knowledge of medical radiography.
Applicants will be notified in writing of selection to the RADprogram.