COVID-19 Campus Update
The BHSU Campus is open! Building hours are back to normal operating hours. Facility access and parking info may be found here: https://www.baptistu.edu/campus-life/campus-safety-security/parking-facilities
Masks: Based upon regulations and guidelines dictated by CMS, CDC, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), masking indoors is no longer required in non-clinical areas, but it is recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated and boosted. To be respectful of all individuals, please continue to bring your mask to campus in case there are situations where you are asked to wear it. The University community will continue completing the BHSU daily COVID-19 screening app questions for now; we will re-evaluate its continued use at the end of the spring trimester. It is important to note that this guidance will be dynamic and could change based on community Covid rates and healthcare facility COVID rates.
Residence Halls: Campus Housing is open. There are specific qualifications and parameters for eligibility to live on campus.
Vaccination: All faculty, staff, and students will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 31, 2021. Residence Hall students will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the agreed upon move-in date.
Students in clinical rotations will need to meet the vaccination requirement by Oct. 31, 2021, to continue assigned learning experiences in the clinical setting. Non-clinical students will be required to show evidence of receiving the vaccination by Oct. 31, 2021 or receive a “hold” on their record, delaying registration for spring classes until the requirement is met. The only exceptions will be for students who meet approved health or religious exemptions. You must contact email@example.com to determine if you qualify for exemption.
- The Learning Center will be open. To continue to promote a safe environment, social distancing is required with only one student per table and the use of face masks at all times.
- The Computer Lab will be open allowing only two students per row (five rows) for a maximum total of ten students.
- Specific, pre-determined appointment times are available, and Smarthinking tutoring assistance available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Students are welcome to walk into the Library to print or study on first come, first serve basis (one student per table). Please be sure to sign in at the front desk for the purpose of contact-tracing. Individual study rooms can be reserved ahead of time online between the hours of 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. More than one individual per study room is not permitted at this time. Library hours of operation will remain 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday - Friday.
Testing Center Proctoring Hours: Closed, with the exception of designated faculty proctored examinations. For more information, e-mail testingcenter@BaptistU.edu.
Baptist's Emergency Communication Test/Email System - Omnilert: Go to https://bhsu.omnilert.net/ and create your account. Be sure to sign up to receive minute-of campus alerts and emergency communications. This has to be done each year – it does not automatically update each year.
Questions? Please reach out to us at UniversityNews@BaptistU.edu.
Quick Access to University Services
Below is a quick glance of resources and contact info:
- Business Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid Office – email@example.com
- Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Records – email@example.com
- Library Resources – Molly.Antoine@baptistu.edu
- Testing Rooms:
- College Counselor – Caryn.Schmitz@baptistu.edu
- Campus Ministries – Karen.Smith@baptistu.edu
- Student Services and Residence Halls - firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT/Technology Help – email@example.com
- Bookstore is closed until further notice. Visit the bookstore website at www.baptistu.edu/bookstore or www.bkstr.com/baptisthsustore/home. Also, be sure to check your email for weekly promotions offered by the Bookstore.
- Marketing & Alumni Service – firstname.lastname@example.org