COVID-19 Campus Update
Changes on campus in relation to the pandemic
Our leadership team, along with our BMHCC colleagues, is continuously monitoring the progress or any changes with the virus. We are meeting regularly to review our plan and procedures. In addition, our environmental services team has increased cleaning measures throughout campus. Please see below for updates/changes on specific topics.
Daily Screening: There will be daily required screenings to gain access to campus facilities. You must first report to the Campus Hub lobby where you will be screened for fever. At this time, the screenings will take place daily from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. in the lobby of the Campus Hub. After 6:30 p.m., entry to campus buildings will be prohibited. Employees who are on campus and are screened prior to 6:30 p.m. may continue to work but will not be allowed re-entry until the next day’s screening opens. Additionally, the entry to each campus building will be restricted to one entry point.
- Masks: At the screening, you will be given a surgical mask. It is mandatory to wear a mask on campus.
- Visitors: No visitors or vendors are allowed on campus unless they are here to make needed repairs. Vice Presidents will approve all visitors and send their name and details of approval (date/length of visit) to the information desk staff. Approved vendors must log into RepTrax Upon Arrival.
- Residence Halls: The residence hall rooms are closed for the summer and fall trimesters.
- Social Distancing: If you are on campus, you are expected to practice social distancing procedures.
- CDC Social Distancing Recommendations
- Avoid crowds or large gatherings of 10 people or more.
- Put six feet of distance between yourself and other people.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places.
- We also recommend diligence and following CDC’s recommendations to prevent flu, coronavirus or any respiratory illness. These include the following:
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your upper arm, or cover your cough with a tissue and dispose of it immediately in the trash. Then, wash your hands.
- Avoid people with flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home and avoid exposing others if you think you have a flu-like illness.
- Reassess your travel plans based on CDC recommendations.
- CDC Social Distancing Recommendations
- What do I do if I am sick, believe to have the COVID-19 virus, or test positive for the COVID-19 virus? Please notify your professors and seek health care attention. Visit the Baptist Coronavirus Resource Center for a list of symptoms and more information: www.baptistonline.org/coronavirus
- BEFORE you go to your doctor, isolate yourself:
- CALL YOUR DOCTOR FIRST to discuss your symptoms. If you need to go in, they will be prepared for you.
- If you don’t have a doctor, please call one of these numbers to be referred to a physician 844-837-2433 for the Metro-Memphis area, West Tennessee and North Mississippi, 855-733-8863 for the for the Jackson, Mississippi, area. 870-936-8000 for the Jonesboro, Arkansas, area.
- If you prefer, a minor med or urgent care center could possibly have more timely openings. Please call ahead so they will be prepared for you.
- If your symptoms are considered mild, staying at home is the safest option.
- If your symptoms are severe, call 911, or call your nearest emergency department before going there.
- Omnilert – Baptist's Emergency Communication Test/Email System: Go to https://bchs.omnilert.net/ and create your account. Be sure to sign up to receive minute-of campus alerts and emergency communications.
Quick Access to University Services
Below is a quick glance of resources and contact info:
- Business Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid Office – email@example.com
- Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Records – email@example.com
- Library Resources – Molly.Antoine@bchs.edu
- Testing Rooms:
- College Counselor – Caryn.Schmitz@bchs.edu
- Campus Ministries – Karen.Smith@bchs.edu
- Student Services and Residence Halls - firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT/Technology Help – email@example.com
- Bookstore is closed until further notice. Visit the bookstore website at www.bchs.edu/bookstore or www.bkstr.com/bapistcollofhsstore. Also, be sure to check your email for weekly promotions offered by the Bookstore.
- Good Eats Memphis is closed until further notice.
- Marketing & Alumni Service – firstname.lastname@example.org